Irish Coffee with Baileys is a fun spin on a classic. This creamy cup of deliciousness is just as good in the morning as it is in the evening! Cheers!
This Irish Coffee with Baileys is the ultimate way to relax and cozy up by the fire on cold Winter nights. Made with the perfect combination of Irish Whiskey, Baileys and hot coffee, it’s an absolute treat any day of the week (and any time of day, too!) Top it up with some fresh whipped cream and cinnamon to take an already elevated cup of Joe to a whole other level!
I can always go for a good ol’ classic Irish Coffee. But when you hand me an Irish Coffee with Baileys, we’re talkin’ a whole other level of deliciousness. Everything you love about a traditional Irish Coffee but better. Because that’s what Bailey’s does. It makes everything better. Amirite?
A few years ago, on our trip to Greece, I realized that coffee and I were no longer friends. I wasn’t sure if it was because of how strong European coffee might be compared to Canadian coffee. Or maybe it was because of the the fact that I wasn’t really your typical coffee drinker back home, either. All I knew after my first latte in Greece, was that my stomach and head felt funny after I drank it. Even after returning home and drinking a regular Iced Cappuccino from Tim Horton’s, something that never made me feel funny before said trip to Greece. I eliminated coffee drinking altogether.
But, as always with anything coffee, adding booze to it is some sort of unwritten magical exception. That’s the coffee my stomach and head actually don’t mind. It makes me feel a different kind of funny. A good kind of funny, if you know what I mean.
So, let’s get to it!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THE PERFECT IRISH COFFEE WITH BAILEYS
No fancy equipment or bartending skills needed for this one. With only a few simple but tasty ingredients, this Irish Coffee with Baileys will be ready in no time and anyone can make it! Let’s talk about the ingredients in a little bit more detail down below:
- Baileys: Adds the irresistible creamy factor to this coffee you normally wouldn’t get with a traditional Irish Coffee. In this recipe, half an ounce less of Baileys is used than Irish Whiskey, but feel free to level/even it out.
- Jameson: My Irish Whiskey of choice for this Irish Coffee with Baileys. However, you can use any kind of Irish Whiskey you have on hand/prefer!
- Hot Coffee: I used French pressed coffee here (cause we fancy like that) but you can use your favourite brand of coffee or whatever you have on hand.
- Whipped Cream: Completely optional and by no means necessary but I meaaaan, coffee drinks are always made better by a little whipped cream. Besides, the whipped cream helps in making this Irish Coffee with Baileys exxxxtra creamy and delicious.
- Maple Syrup (not pictured): For added sweetness. Again, optional since the Baileys is already sweet, but IMHO a splash or two makes this Irish Coffee with Baileys jussssst right.
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN IRISH COFFEE WITH BAILEYS
The good news is that it doesn’t take a Bartender to whip up a good Irish Coffee with Baileys. It’s so quick and simple and as long as you’ve got a 2 bottle bar at home (whiskey + baileys) and some hot coffee, you’re good to go. Anyone can do it.
I like to start by adding the alcohol into the coffee mug/glass first. It doesn’t really matter whether you throw in the Whiskey first and then the Baileys, or vice versa, all that matters is that they make it into the glass or mug.
PRO TIP: Adding the coffee to the alcohol (instead of the other way around) kind of automatically mixes everything altogether potentially eliminating the need for a spoon/stir stick.
Once you’ve got your three main components in the glass/mug – Irish whisky, baileys and coffee – it’s up to you how crazy you want to get with it. Want to add a little sweetness? 1-2 tsp of Maple Syrup is good for that. Want to make it extra creamy or just simply feel like a little kid again? That’s what the whipped cream is for. Is it too hot out to enjoy a hot Irish Coffee with Baileys? Shake it up over some ice and have it cold! It’s delicious in any and all of the ways!
WHY I LOVE THIS IRISH COFFEE WITH BAILEYS (AND I JUST KNOW YOU WILL, TOO!)
- It makes a boring cup of Joe fun and comforting!
- It’s easy to whip up (even the boyfriend can follow these instructions ;))
- The whole thing really only takes as long as water does to boil to make coffee so it’s super quick and doesn’t take much time at all.
- The ingredients are few, are easily portable and can be taken anywhere. Irish Coffees with Baileys by the fire, while camping, anyone?
- You can drink it hot or cold depending on your mood or weather outside!
- It’s great in the morning for breakfast, as a treat in the afternoon or in place of dessert for dinner. You decide!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I love using the classic of the classic for this Irish Coffee recipe – which is none other than Jameson. It’s readily available at most liquor stores and one I always have stocked up on my bar at home. However, any Irish Whiskey will do the trick!
I’m with ya! I love having it hot or cold depending on the day or my mood. Adding whipped cream, cinnamon or nutmeg to the top. I love adding some honey or maple syrup for some sweetness. Or shaved chocolate bits in and on top if I’m feeling fancy. There are too many ways to enjoy this delicious Irish Coffee with Baileys, these are just some of them!
This coffee is great on it’s own any time of day! Also great with breakfast, snacks or desserts. It would go great with these Fudgy Avocado Brownies or these Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, to name a couple.
RECIPE FOR IRISH COFFEE WITH BAILEYS
Everything you love about a classic Irish Coffee but better. Cue: Baileys.
- 1.5 oz Irish Whiskey such as Jameson
- 1 oz Baileys
- 1 cup Hot Coffee
- 1-2 tsp Maple Syrup, Optional
- Whipped Cream and Cinnamon, for topping, optional
- Add the whiskey, baileys and coffee to a mug.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is only an estimate and calculated using Nutritionix.
LOVE CLASSIC COCKTAILS? YOU’LL LOVE THIS SIMPLE BUT DELICIOUS ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE NEXT!
LOOKING FOR MORE THINGS TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH? TRY THESE GREAT RECIPES:
BLUEBERRY LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
ITALIAN STYLE SFOGLIATELLA CAKE