The perfect Winter drink awaits you! This Recipe for White Hot Chocolate is creamy, frothy and extra delicious. The Peanut Butter Powder sends it over the top and it’s so much easier to make than you might think!
If you’re into baking, you’ve probably got some white chocolate pieces hanging around. And, if not, you’re gonna wanna get your hands on some specifically to make this recipe for White Hot Chocolate with Peanut Butter. This deliciously creamy and warm Winter drink puts the perfect nutty spin on a good ol’ cup of Hot Cocoa and puts those white chocolate pieces to good use. It’s frothy, indulgent and will keep your bones warm all Winter long. This homemade White Hot Chocolate is the perfect Holiday gift and the best way to cozy up by the fire on those chilly Winter nights. Need I say more?
I went on a binge a few years back. A White Hot Chocolate binge, that is. I discovered it at Tim Hortons (of all places) which is like Canada’s most famous casual coffee shop. Admittingly, it only took one medium cup to turn me into an addict. I had to get one every chance I got. I hardly ever go to Tim Horton’s these days, though. I’m not a coffee drinker and my sweet tooth hardly ever strikes. But when I came up with this Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Recipe for some last minute gifts over the holidays, it quickly brought me back to the days of my creamy addiction.
And yes, all it took, yet again, was one medium cup of this peanut butter version. Just like that, I’m hooked all over again.
This Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate is everything you want in a warm, Winter, Holiday drink. And the best part is that there is no need to run to the nearest coffee shop to get it. It takes just 5 minutes to make!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX WITH PEANUT BUTTER
This warm and flavourful White Hot Chocolate Mix is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. It might not be the healthiest recipe on the blog but hey, nothing screams Holiday treats like a cup of Hot Cocoa. Am I right? Don’t forget to add some marshmallows and/or whipped cream to top it off! Here’s what you’ll need:
- White Chocolate: Why, of course! We couldn’t make a homemade white hot chocolate mix without it! Any white chocolate will do. However, I like using the Bakers White Chocolate Squares as they’re easy to work with and you can find them in the baking section of pretty much any grocery store. But you can use white chocolate chips, bars, discs…whatever kind of white chocolate you have on hand. We pulse/chop it all up in the food processor, anyway.
- Milk Powder: Exactly what it sounds like! Powdered Milk is made by evaporating milk and removing it’s moisture to produce a dry powder. It works perfectly in this recipe for white hot chocolate as it not only adds a delicious creamy element but because it’s in powder form, it’s super easy to work with and mixes amazingly well with the other ingredients.
- Peanut Butter Powder: The (not so) secret and surprise ingredient in this recipe for white hot chocolate. It adds a delicious nutty taste to this special Winter drink and how we achieve the perfect peanut butter flavour. But don’t worry, it’s not overpowering in the slightest. The peanut butter powder also helps to balance out the sweetness from the sugars. Who knew peanut butter and white chocolate are like a match made in Heaven?!
- Sugar: For sweetness and balance. Therefore, white sugar works best in this recipe. Without it, the white hot chocolate mix will be bland and lacking in flavour.
- Icing Sugar: Also adds sweetness, creaminess and helps with the overall texture of the white hot chocolate powder.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness in this homemade white hot chocolate mix. A little goes a long way as salt also helps to amplify the flavours of the rest of the ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX WITH PEANUT BUTTER (KEY TIPS)
- Use a food processor to chop the white chocolate and combine the ingredients. You want the white hot chocolate mix to be a fine powder absent of any big chunks. Using a food processor will help you achieve the best overall texture while ensuring that all the ingredients are well combined. However, if you don’t have a food processor on hand, feel free to use a large sharp chef’s knife. But be sure to ensure that you chop the white chocolate down into fine pieces as much as you can. You can also use a box grater instead, if you prefer.
- On that note, ensure that all the ingredients are well combined. Of course, as just mentioned, using a food processor will help with this. But, give it a few good extra stirs before jarring it or using it. The last thing you want is for the flavours to clump together and have the drink be overly sweet or overly peanut butter-y, or something like that.
- Don’t forget that this is just the White Hot Chocolate Mix. Therefore, you still have to add hot water to finalize the recipe and make a delicious drinkable drink. For best results, use this ratio: Add 4-5 Tablespoons of the Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Mix to every 1 cup (8 ounces) of boiling water.
- For the ultimate treat, top this Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate with all your favourite toppings! A few good options: Whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce, white chocolate or regular chocolate shavings, marshmallows, a sprinkling of cocoa powder, cinnamon or more peanut butter powder.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
As you can see from the recipe card down below, it’s super quick and easy to make your own white hot chocolate at home! All you need is some type of white chocolate that can be pulsed in a food processor, some white sugar and icing sugar, milk powder and salt. This version also uses peanut butter powder to add the perfect nutty taste to an already delicious drink! However, if you’re looking to keep things plain Jane with a simple homemade white hot chocolate mix, feel free to replace the peanut butter powder with an extra 1/3 cup of icing sugar.
For the complete list of ingredients and their quantities, please refer to the recipe card down below.
Store this homemade white hot chocolate mix in a large resealable jar or airtight container. Keep it in a cool, dry place (like a pantry) and it’ll be good for up to a year.
That’s easy! All you have to do is add 4-5 tablespoons of the peanut butter white hot chocolate mix to every 1 cup (8 ounces) of boiling water. Stir until the powder dissolves completely and then top it with all your favourite toppings! Hint hint: Whipped cream and marshmallows are almost non-negotiable!
- 3 cups Milk Powder
- 8 oz White Chocolate
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Add the white chocolate pieces to a food processor and pulse into small chunks.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until a fine powder forms. Transfer to an airtight container or jar and store in a cool, dry place for up to a year.
TO MAKE A CUP OF PEANUT BUTTER WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of the mix to a large cup or mug.
- Top with 1 cup (8 ounces) of boiling water. Stir until the powder dissolves, top with all your favourite hot chocolate toppings and enjoy!
This homemade Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mix will make about 16 cups in total.
If you just want plain White Hot Chocolate, feel free to omit the peanut butter powder. Simply add an additional 1/3 cup of icing sugar instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is only an estimate and calculated using Nutritionix.
MORE COZY SIPS FOR YOU TO LOVE