This healthy Recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing is my go-to condiment for so many things! It’s great for anything from sandwiches to pizza but so good, it’ll be hard not to eat it by the spoonful!
This recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing is so easy to make at home and way better than anything you can find in the grocery store. Made with Greek yogurt and a few simple spices you probably already have in your pantry. It’s a healthy take on everyone’s favourite condiment. It’s creamy, takes no more than 5 minutes to whip up and makes everything taste amazing. But, the best part about this cream homemade ranch? It can be used as both a dressing and a dip! Now, we’re talkin’.
For years and years (and years and years and years) and yes, you guessed it, still to this day, Ranch sauce, dip, dressing, no matter which way you put it, is a clear favourite of mine. Sure, Tzatziki and Tartar Sauce come close but Ranch has always been my go-to for almost ANYTHING. Whether I use it as a dipping sauce for French Fries or Chicken Wings or as a topping on my burger, you best believe there’s a place for it on almost any plate of mine. It’s a mandatory fridge condiment and one that goes with everything. And what better when you can brag about making it yourself, from scratch, in your pjs right at home? Oh, I know. The fact that it’s healthy, made with simple ingredients you can actually pronounce and comes together in absolutely no time at all.
I know I’m not alone when I sit here confessing my general undying love for Ranch sauce. I love dipping my veggies in it. And tossing it onto just about any salad I make or eat is a no brainer for me. And I surely love one recipe for homemade ranch that can be used for both. Because you know that’s what I’ma be doing.
WHAT GOES IN HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
The simplest of ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time is all your going to need to whip up this recipe for ranch dressing. Easy peasy. Let’s talk about them in a little bit more detail down below:
- Greek Yogurt: The base of our Homemade Ranch Dressing and what makes it healthy and creamy. Added protein? I’m all in. Use plain, full fat Greek Yogurt for best results.
- Lemon Juice: Used to thin out the dip/dressing. Adds a tang and zing to the recipe.
- Fresh Cracked Pepper: Adds a delicious finishing element to the Ranch Dressing. Add more or less depending on preference.
- Spices: This collection of spices will really get this dressing to replicate that Ranch flavour we all know and love. This Recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing is spice forward and where all the flavour comes from. When you first combine the spices into the Greek Yogurt, taste, then adjust the seasonings if necessary and according to preference.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE RANCH (KEY TIPS)
This Homemade Ranch can’t be any easier (or quicker!) to make! You’re never going to want to buy the store bought version again. Here’s how to make sure you’ll end up with the best results:
- Use Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt. We love it for it’s thickness and for the creaminess it’ll add to the dip and/or dressing. It’s the perfect base, IMHO, to turn that unhealthy grocery store ranch into something you can use everyday without any guilt!
- Pre-mix the seasonings/spices in a small bowl or ramekin before adding them to the yogurt. This will ensure everything has the chance to evenly disperse and cover as much territory as possible.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary once everything is combined. You might feel like you need more (or less!) according to your own liking. Start with the amounts listed in the recipe card below and then adjust from there. If you find the combination of seasonings to be too much or too overpowering, add more yogurt to balance it out.
- Serve cold for best results. The longer the ranch dressing sits, the more the flavours will mingle and the more profound they’ll be.
- Store this homemade Ranch Dressing in an airtight container (mason jars work great for this!) in the fridge to prolong the quality and shelf life.
- If you want to use this Recipe for Homemade Ranch as a dip, follow the instructions in the recipe card below as is. If you want to use it as a dressing instead, add 2 tbsp of water at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge, this recipe for homemade ranch dressing with last for up to 2 weeks. Give it a good stir before using.
The beauty of this Homemade Ranch Dressing is that it can be used for so many things! Obviously, as a dressing for any kind of salad would surely be delicious. For example, It can take the place of the creamy homemade dressing in this Raw Broccoli Salad with Bacon. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for veggies or these crispy baked potato wedges. I even love dipping my Pork Souvlaki or these Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks in it. I wasn’t lying when I use it for almost everything!
If you want to use this Ranch Sauce as a dip for all your favourite things, follow the recipe card instructions as is. If you want to use it as a dressing for tossing all your favourite salads, add 2 tbsp of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency. The water will thin out the dip and easily turn it into a dressing within seconds!
- 1 cup Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 tbsp Water* (optional) see notes
- Mix the garlic powder, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small ramekin until well combined.
- Add the Greek Yogurt and Lemon Juice to a large bowl. Add the seasoning mix.
- Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve cold!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 1255mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g
Nutrition is only an estimate and calculated using Nutritionix.
IF YOU LOVE MAKING YOUR OWN DRESSINGS FROM SCRATCH AT HOME, THEN YOU’LL LOVE THIS JAPANESE STYLE ROASTED SESAME DRESSING!
LOOKING FOR SOME DELICIOUS WAYS TO ENJOY THIS HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING?
- Replace the oil and vinegar based dressing in this fresh and crunchy Cucumber Salad with Dill or the homemade honey mustard dressing in this Salmon Cobb Salad
- Serve it alongside this party favourite Dill Pickle Dip for all your veggie or chip dipping needs
- Use it as a dipping sauce for anything from this Bacon Keto Meatloaf to these tender Instant Pot Ribs or these Coconut Crusted Shrimp
- Serve it alongside your favourite veggies like this simple Oven Roasted Cauliflower or these Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts