This decadent and indulgent 2 Ingredient Fudge is full of rich chocolate-y flavour and is so easy to make. It’s the perfect simple dessert to satisfy any sweet craving and is great for gift giving or snacking.
Can you believe this thick and flavourful chocolate fudge is made with only 2 ingredients?! That’s right. All you need are 2 simple ingredients to make this classic and addicting sweet treat. Chocolate chips – which I almost always already have laying around in the pantry. And a can of unsweetened condensed milk – which is like, 2 dollars at the grocery store. Ok, ok. Maybe it’s more like 3 dollars these days. Inflation… am I right?! But in any case, this 2 Ingredient Fudge is SO worth it. AND still SO much cheaper than the fancy version you can get at the grocery store or especially the chocolatier.
No need to worry about that here, though. There will be absolutely zero trips to the chocolatier required. Heck, some people might even consider you a chocolatier yourself after this. And you’ll just nod and smile with pride and a feeling of great accomplishment. Afterall, no one has to know this decadent chocolate fudge is made out of just two simple ingredients. And they definitely don’t need to know that it took you all of 5 minutes to form. And under 30 to chill.
Let them think it took you hours or days to perfect. The simplicity of this 2 ingredient fudge will be our little secret. Afterall, we’re not holding back on sharing it’s deliciousness.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY FUDGE RECIPE
I know you might still be in disbelief that this recipe for 2 ingredient fudge is really only 2 ingredients! I mean, just look at how thick and decadent each piece is. However, I ain’t lying to you sista (or mista…we don’t discriminate!) Here are the two ingredients you’ll need to get started:
- Chocolate Chips: Where the rich, decadent and chocolate-y goodness comes from! I used Semi-Sweet in this recipe since the sweetened condensed milk is responsible for providing the sweetness and you don’t want the fudge to be overly sweet. But feel free to switch things up a bit and use a different kind of chocolate chip – dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or even mint, peanut butter or butterscotch would definitely be quite fun to experiment with. Chocolate chips work best (as opposed to large pieces or thick chunks) since they’ll melt a lot quicker and easier.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Provides sweetness and the perfect texture for this 2 ingredient fudge. On that note, be sure to grab the sweetened version as opposed to the unsweetened version.
HOW TO MAKE 2 INGREDIENT FUDGE (KEY TIPS)
- Keep a close eye and constantly stir the chocolate chip and condensed milk mixture while it’s melting on the stove. Both will burn easily if unattended and require stirring for the smoothest results. Alternatively, you can use a microwave for the melting process. But again, do it in 30 second intervals for best results as stirring throughout to prevent burning or clumping is key.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper. Not only will this mean easy clean up but it will also help the fudge from sticking to the pan. When the fudge is set, it should be super easy to lift the parchment paper out of the pan onto a flat surface for easy cutting. PRO TIP: Ensure that the edges of the parchment paper are hanging out of the sides of the dish. That way, when you’re ready to lift the fudge out of the pan, you can do so easily without touching it.
- Use the back of a rubber spatula or spoon to spread the fudge into an even layer in the baking dish and smooth out the top. The mixture will be a bit hard to spread/work with since it’ll be somewhat ooey gooey and somewhat stiff. PRO TIP: Work as quickly as you can when it comes to transferring the fudge from the pot after it has been cooked to the lined baking dish. The second this thing comes off the heat, it’ll want to start stiffening up.
- Be careful not to over chill the fudge. It doesn’t take long to set/get to the hardened state you’re looking for and over chilling will result in the fudge becoming too hard (almost brick like) with cracked and cakey tops. PRO TIP: Check on the fudge about 20 minutes into chilling. If it’s still soft chill about 10 minutes more. If it has hardened/firmed up, it’s ready to go!
- On that note, you actually don’t have to chill the fudge in the fridge at all if you don’t want to/have the time. You’ll need several more hours if you choose to have the fudge set at room temperature instead of in the fridge. This way, though, the fudge will retain it’s shiny glazed tops and you never run the risk of hardening it too much. In any event, it’s up to you whether you want to use the fast setting method (fridge) or slow setting method (room temperature).
- Transfer the fudge to a flat surface when ready to cut into pieces. Not only is this way easier but it will ensure you get as even squares as possible.
- Store the fudge at room temperature (wrapped in saran wrap and in an airtight container) for best results. It’ll better retain it’s texture and deliciousness as it’ll continue to harden as it sits in the fridge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In this 2 ingredient fudge recipe, you have two choices. The fast setting choice – where you will put the fudge in the fridge to set. This saves time, rushes the process and only takes about 20-30 minutes to fully set. However, if you over chill the fudge, it will harden too much and become crumbly and dull looking.
Or, you can simply leave the fudge out on the counter to set a room temperature. You will need a few extra hours for this method. However, the fudge will set better as it will retain it’s shiny texture and smoothness.
The best way to store 2 ingredient fudge is at room temperature on the counter. It’ll be good for up to 2 weeks if wrapped in saran wrap and stored in a sealed airtight container. Avoid storing your fudge in the fridge as it will over harden and become crumbly, brick like and practically inedible over time.
Yes! You can certainly freeze this 2 ingredient fudge to have on demand when the sweet tooth comes a-knockin’. Simply wrap in saran wrap and store in a freezer safe ziploc bag. It’ll be good for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply thaw on the counter at room temperature for a couple of hours or until it becomes soft and no longer frozen throughout.
2 INGREDIENT FUDGE
This decadent and indulgent 2 Ingredient Fudge is full of rich chocolate-y flavour and is so easy to make. It's the perfect simple dessert to satisfy any sweet craving and is great for gift giving or snacking.
- 2.5 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (~ 20 ounces)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the condensed milk on top and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is all melted and the mixture is smooth*
- Pour mixture into parchment lined pan and used a spatula to smooth/even out the top.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes* or until the fudge has firmed up and hardened. Do not over chill. Cut into 16 even squares and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes on high. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds in order to prevent burning or clumping.
If you have the time, you can also have this 2 ingredient fudge set at room temperature on the counter. You will need several extra hours to accomplish this but the result will be shinier tops and you won't run the risk of over chilling/hardening your fudge. The fudge is ready when it's firm to the touch and no longer soft throughout.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is only an estimate and calculated using Nutritionix.
MORE DELICIOUS SWEET TREATS FOR YOU TO LOVE ON
HOMEMADE WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX WITH PEANUT BUTTER
KETO FRIENDLY ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES
CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA COCONUT MACAROONS (GLUTEN FREE)