Spicy Mayo on EVERYTHING from sushi to tacos. Am I right?! This recipe for Spicy Mayo could not be any simpler to make! It comes together in under 1 minute with 3 simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
What’s better than a good ol’ classic jar of mayonnaise, you ask? Ok, ok. Maybe it’s my deliciously smoky Chipotle Mayo that first comes to mind. And while I can’t argue with that one bit, I do gotta stand up for this perfectly balanced homemade Spicy Mayo. I knnnnow you’ll love it just as much! It’s deliciously creamy, so (and I mean SOOO) easy to make and so good, you’ll seriously want to slather it allllll.over.EVERYTHING.
If you’ve ever been to a Sushi restaurant then you’ve likely seen this bright orange sauce drizzled on some of the rolls. It’s undeniably addicting and, if I’m being honest, I had no idea when I first discovered it years ago that it was just a simple mix of sriracha and mayonnaise. Cause, dannnng, does it taste way more elaborate and fancy than that!
You’ll be happy to know that this recipe for Spicy Mayo is not only just as delicious as that bright orange sauce at your favourite sushi restaurant but it goes good on more than just sushi. It’s like chicken fingers’ best friend and a match made in Heaven for all your favourite sandwiches. This Spicy Mayo is a true stand in for anything you’d normally put mayo on (potato salad, anyone ;)?) adding the perfect kick to any dish.
So, whether you want to call it Spicy Mayo or Sriracha Mayo, all I’m going to say is that a double batch is more likely to get you through the week 😉
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS 3 INGREDIENT SPICY MAYO RECIPE
There are so many good things about this Spicy Mayo recipe! One of the best is that you only need 3 of the simplest ingredients to get you started. Let’s get into them in a little bit more detail down below:
- Mayonnaise: Well, duh! You definitely can’t make Spicy Mayo without some mayonnaise. For best results, use real, good quality mayonnaise. A good store bought version is ok but if you’re feeling a little bit fancy and have an extra minute, try your hand at my easy homemade mayo recipe instead.
- Sriracha: Adds the perfect balance of spice and kick of heat to this Spicy Mayo recipe. Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce that tastes tangy/sweet. It has a subtle garlic flavour and is not overly or deathly spicy. Therefore, you can use any chili garlic hot sauce you can find. Or, try this recipe for Spicy Mayo using your favourite brand of hot sauce instead!
- Lime: Adds acidity, freshness and a little bit of tang to this Sriracha Mayo. Balances out the heat from the Sriracha sauce making this the perfect recipe for Spicy Mayo. Therefore, freshly squeezed lime juice is best in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAYO IN UNDER 1 MINUTE (KEY TIPS)
- Since there are only 3 simple ingredients in this recipe for Spicy Mayo, it’s a good idea to use good quality stuff for best results.
- No need to use a food processor, blender or anything fancy to stir up the ingredients. A simple spoon, fork or whisk will get the job done just fine. Just make sure that everything is nice and well combined before serving or storing the Spicy Mayo.
- I personally find the recipe as written to have the perfect balance of spice and heat. However, if you find this Spicy Mayo a bit too spicy, simply add more fresh lime juice to balance it out to your liking. Alternatively, if you’re not too big on spice to begin with, start by adding less sriracha than the recipe calls for then gradually increasing if necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to make it your own! Optional flavour add-ins for this simple recipe for Spicy Mayo include (but are not limited to) sesame oil, chili oil, cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, togarashi, chopped cilantro or parsley, toasted sesame seeds or honey.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This Spicy Mayo Sauce could seriously not be any simpler to make! Not only do you not need any fancy equipment to make it but you only need 3 ingredients to throw it all together! And *drumroll please* I’m willing to bet you already have all 3 of them on hand!
Mayonnaise. Sriracha. And a single lime! That’s it!
This recipe for Spicy Mayo will last for as long as your mayonnaise would on its own. If you’re using homemade mayonnaise, it should be good for up to 2 weeks. For store bought, the shelf life will be a bit longer lasting for as long as a month (always use the smell/look test to be sure). Either way, store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. Simply give it a good stir before using.
The list for this one really is endless as Spicy Mayo goes good with so many foods! Some of my favourites being: french fries or potato wedges, on burgers, burger bowls or sandwiches, tacos or nachos or as a dip for chicken drumsticks, breasts, wings or fingers. It’s obviously greeeeat on all things sushi and perfect as a drizzle on top of bowls, salads, stir fries and more.
- 1 cup good quality Mayonnaise, homemade or store bought*
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lime
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Using a spoon, fork or whisk, stir until well combined. Use immediately or store in an airtight container or jar.
Find my easy homemade Mayo Recipe HERE.
If using homemade mayonnaise, this Spicy Mayo will last for at least 2 weeks in the fridge. If using store bought mayonnaise, this recipe for Spicy Mayo will be good for up to one month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1576Total Fat: 165gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 135gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 3054mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is only an estimate and calculated using Nutritionix.
MORE FAVOURITE CONDIMENT AND DIP RECIPES